What Information Do We Collect?
We may also automatically collect certain information when you use Read Scripture, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on Read Scripture. This information is not treated as personal information.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) and “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them) to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information collected through Read Scripture for the purposes described below:
- to provide our services or information you request, develop new products, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve Read Scripture and your experiences when you use Read Scripture and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We may use or store information wherever we do business.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with your friends on Read Scripture with whom you want to share your activities on Read Scripture;
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties or partners for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law, regulation or legal processes or in response to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you want to deactivate or delete your information and your account, please contact us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Last updated on the effective date of February 22, 2017.